After graduating from the University of Texas School of Law and receiving his Texas law license in 1984, Mr. Uhl began practicing law with Matthews and Branscomb, P.C. in San Antonio, where he became a shareholder in 1990. Mr. Uhl began his own law firm in 2004, which has since expanded to become Uhl, Fitzsimons, Jewett & Burton, PLLC.
Since 1984, Mr. Uhl has represented clients in a broad range of commercial and farm and ranch real estate matters, with focus on land acquisitions, dispositions, financing, entitlement and development. His clients have included landowners, governmental entities, utility authorities, homebuilding companies, development entities, lending institutions, land trusts investors and other users of real estate.
Mr. Uhl also has significant experience with farm and ranch real estate transactions including acquisitions, dispositions, financing, utility and easement matters, water transactions, conservation easements and conservation programs.
Education, Licenses and Professional Affiliations
Mr. Uhl also has earned the rating of AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5, which is the highest Peer Review Rating awarded by Martindale-Hubbell. An explanation of the rating process can be found at www.martindale.com/ratings.
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas, J.D. 1984
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas, B.B.A. in Business Management, with Honors, 1981
- Board Certified, Commercial Real Estate Law - Texas Board of Legal Specialization (1991)
- Member: College of the State Bar of Texas; State Bar of Texas, Real Estate Probate and Trust Law Section; San Antonio Bar Association, Real Estate Section
- Author and Lecturer: State Bar of Texas Continuing Legal Education, TCU Ranch Management, King Ranch Institute for Ranch Management
- Director, First National Bank of Mertzon
- Member and Former Chairman, Tax and Credit Committee, National Cattlemen’s Beef Association
- Director and Former Chairman of Legislative and Tax Committee, Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association
- Director, Texas Wildlife Association
- Former Trustee, West Texas Boys Ranch Foundattion
- Former Trustee and President of Board of Trustees, Christian Assistance Ministry
- Parishioner, St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, San Antonio